Last year I took part in FAWM – February Album Writing Month. I did it again last year, and actually made an album this time: 15 songs in 28 days. It was super-stressful, and for the sake of my sanity I should not be allowed to aim for 14 songs in 2015.
Most of it was made on my iPad, although I finished a couple of tracks in Ardour. I used a lot of GarageBand, along with Figure, Thor, Korg Gadget, and Funkbox. I bought a cable that let me record my guitar from my iPad, and friends lent me a banjo & a decent audio recorder.
It's a mix of acoustic recordings, synthy dance electronica, and atmospheric darker electronic music. You can explore it track-by-track on my FAWM page (until 2015, as the site retires older stuff each year), or download the whole album as a zip. I've also included the MP3s below.
- A Departure (acoustic folk-rock)
- Let's Get Started (dance/electronica)
- Are You Receiving? (synthpop/electronica)
- Synthetic Floor Filler (dance/electronica)
- It's Going To Happen (spoken word/folk-rock)
- String Theory (instrumental/folk)
- Time Slips Past (chiptune/electronica)
- Boopwub (electronica/dubstep)
- Ice Giants (dance/electronica)
- Numericalities (dance/electronica)
- Forever Safe (ambient/electronica)
- Elongate Thistledown (dance/synthpop)
- Thanks, Steve (instrumental/soft rock)
- Potbound Mint (synthpop/waltz)
- Sometimes Things Just Go Your Way (instrumental/chamber pop)
As an extra bonus track, here's a dance track I made post-FAWM. Unlike last year, I'd like to keep making music in the rest of 2014. I must have at least another EP in me.